Tuesday 10 September 2013

....a Challenge!

oooooh excited, a challenge that I feel I might be able to take part in!!!
Stephanie at Starcross has organised A Year in Indie Patterns. Brilliant.


What a great idea; to sew any pattern from a chosen indie company each month.
A perfect way to support an independent retailer, possibly discover a  new company, a way to collect  reviews of your makes together in one place.

And best of all, there is no pressure to take part for all 12 months; its do as little or as many makes as you wish.
Yippee, I'm in!


I didn't know of the "Named" company that is the first on the list for the challenge. But love the classy contemporary patterns.
I've decided to go for the easy option and I've ordered the Blair Batwing Shirt, for a few reasons...

Firstly I own shirts that are similar to this so I know I will wear it if I actually manage to make it!
As a Newbie to sewing I wanted to make sure I could actually complete it by the end of September so I can contribute to the reviews.
Finally, my sewing machine is a 40 year old Bernina, so I am unsure how it will deal with stretchy fabrics; so this is an ideal make to test both it and myself.

Off to John Lewis to see if I can find some suitable material!!!


2 comments:

  1. Cool! Looking forward to your Named creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! Have my material, ready to roll. Thanks so much for a great challenge.

      Delete